Beef liver is a real super-food. In fact – all livers, even from fish like cod – are very nutrient dense. Many people who follow the keto diet – post questions online wondering if they should eat beef liver on regular basis (and other livers from other animals). In my opinion – the answer is clear – absolutely yes!
P.S : Make sure to check out this article about livers on our website – comparing different livers. It can really help you choose which liver to eat – if you know which nutrients you are deficient in.
Some people find it hard to eat liver on a regular basis – because they don’t like how it tastes or the texture. For those – the following recipe is perfect. I will show you how to prepare delicious beef liver minute steaks. They are very thinly sliced – changing the texture. And by adding your favorite seasonings – you can really make this delicious!
- 1 pound Beef liver (completely frozen)
- Smoked salt, and other seasonings
- Make sure the beef liver is completely frozen (in one piece)
- Place it in the meat slicer, and slice as thinly as possible.
- Place the slices on the baking tray, and add your favorite seasonings (I use only smoked salt).
- Important : this time I am cooking the beef liver in the oven. You can pan fry them instead.Preheat the oven to 180C (~355F), and cook for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy !
Comment below and let me know what you think of this recipe.
Beef Liver Nutrition Facts
100g (3.5oz) of beef liver contain:
- 31718IU of Vitamin A (~600% DV)
- 3.4mg Vitamin B2 – Riboflavin (~200% DV)
- 17.5mg Vitamin B3 – Niacin (~90% DV)
- 1mg Vitamin B6 (~100% DV)
- 253 mcg Vitamin B9 – Folate (~65% DV)
- 70mcg Vitamin B12 (~1000% DV)
- 7.1mg Vitamin B5 – Pantothenic Acid (~70% DV)
Since beef liver contains lots of Vitamin A – you shouldn’t eat it without limits on a daily basis. I personally eat around 30g each day. Some people prefer to eat beef liver once a week. Many people who experience diareha on the keto/carnivore diet may find eating beef liver regulary very helpful. In some cases of keto daireha – it is caused by bile acid malabasorbtion. Vitamin A was found to regulate bile acid synthesis.
The Meat Slicer I Use
For this recipe, I am using a very simple meat slicer I bought online. It is available on many websites—including Amazon. I bought mine from Aliexpress. It is very cheap and useful in my opinion. Using it, you can slice beef liver (or any other cut of meat) very thinly. The important thing to know about these meat slices is – they work only with frozen meat. The device is very easy to use – and you can quickly slice a pound or two of meat. Just be very careful when cleaning and washing – the knife is very sharp (I got cut badly from it once – very deeply). Some meat slicers come with a spare blade – so they will last a very long time (In my opinion – one blade can last up to 6 months if regularly used).
Other Types Of Meat To Use With The Slicer
You can also use this meat slicer to thinly slice (frozen) beef boneless ribs, beef chest and much more! These frozen cuts of meat are very cheap – and when sliced thinly and cooked correctly, are as tender and tasty as premium cuts of meat costing 3X as much. So this meat slicer is very recommended for people doing the keto diet, and are on a tight budget.
I hope you found this recipe useful, and tasty ! Make sure to check out other great keto recipes on our website.