I first tried this keto duck breast recipe a few weeks ago and I was really impressed! The duck breast came out so juicy and flavorful. My family absolutely loved it!
Today, I will teach you how you can also make this amazing dish at home. It’s a very simple recipe, and it’s really hard to mess up.
If you try this recipe, I guarantee that you will absolutely love it!
Why You Should Try This Recipe
- Super tender and juicy – it’s surprising how well duck breast turns out when cooked properly!
- Packed with flavor – try it and you’ll understand what I am talking about.
- Easy to make
- Keto friendly
👨🍳 Keto Duck Breast Recipe Ingredients
1 pound (450g) – 2 large duck breasts (with skin-on)
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
1 bunch of Asparagus
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
🦆 How To Make Keto Duck Breast?
Use a sharp knife to score the skin, and then season the duck breast meat with salt and pepper.
Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the duck breasts skin side down for about 5 minutes.
Once you can see the skin is crispy and lightly golden, turn the breasts over and cook for 1 minute.
Remove the pan and place the skillet in the oven.
Cook in the oven for about 7 minutes. Then, remove and let the meat rest on a board for at least 10 minutes.
Cook the asparagus in a hot skillet with the rendered duck fat. You can season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and mix well. Then, bake in the oven for 6 minutes.
Slice the duck breasts, and serve. Enjoy!
Eating Duck Meat On The Keto Diet
On the keto diet, all kinds of meat are allowed, including duck. Duck meat is a good source of protein and fat, and it can be used in a variety of keto-friendly recipes.
Duck meat is also relatively inexpensive, making it a good option for those on a budget. When shopping for duck meat, look for birds that are free-range and hormone-free. These ducks will have the best flavor and be the most healthful.
One of the most popular duck meat cuts is the breast. This keto duck breast recipe is a simple way to cook duck breast and is full of flavor.
Fresh vs. Frozen Duck Breast
For this keto duck breast recipe, I was using frozen duck breast. It’s cheaper and easier to find than fresh duck breast.
It works great, but if you have access to fresh duck breast, use that! It will make a big difference in the flavor and texture of the dish.
Is Asparagus Keto Friendly?
In this keto duck breast recipe, we are also using asparagus. Some people might wonder if asparagus is keto friendly since it is a vegetable.
The answer is yes, asparagus is keto friendly and can be enjoyed on a keto diet. Asparagus is a great source of vitamins and minerals, and it is also a low-carb vegetable.
Not everyone likes asparagus, but if you do, enjoy it! Make sure to also check out my keto asparagus soup recipe.
If you enjoyed this duck breast keto recipe – share it with your friends and comment below! Thank you for reading.
- 1 pound 2 large duck breasts with skin on (450g)
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- pinch of Salt
- pinch of Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Score the skin of the duck breast with a sharp knife, and then season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the duck breasts skin side down for about 5 minutes.Once the skin is crispy and lightly golden, turn the breasts over and cook for 1 minute.Remove the pan and place the skillet in the oven.
- Cook for 7 minutes. Then, remove the meat from the oven and let it rest on a board for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook the asparagus in a hot skillet with the duck fat. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice. Then, bake in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Slice the breasts, and serve.
Comment below and let me know what you think of this recipe.