These amazing keto doritos taste and look just like the real thing! But without all the carbs and sugar, they make the perfect snack for those on a low carb or ketogenic diet.
Warning- these low carb doritos are addicting! I made a double batch and they were gone within two days. My family loved them and had no idea they were low in carbs.
Prepare these keto doritos today and enjoy the flavor and satisfaction of your favorite snack, without the guilt (and carbs).
Why You Should Try This Recipe
– If your kids eat snacks non–stop, these low carb doritos are a much healthier alternative.
– Combine these carb free doritos with dipping sauce for a perfect party appetizer.
– This keto dorito chips recipe is very easy to make.
👨🍳 Low Carb Doritos Ingredients
These keto doritos are so easy to make! You will need these ingredients:
8 tablespoons Cheddar Cheese – or pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices cut into triangles (I found that this option gives better results).
1/3 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/3 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/3 teaspoon Cayenne
1/3 teaspoon Paprika – I recommend using smoked paprika.
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
🍟 How To Make Keto Doritos
Follow these steps to prepare these amazingly tasty (and easy to make) low carb doritos:
Start by preheating your oven to 350F (175C). Prepare a sheet tray with parchment paper.
Using a tablespoon, arrange 8 individual piles of shredded cheddar cheese (or use pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices cut into triangles).
They should be as thin as possible to make them crispy and tasty.
Place the cheese in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted (it happens quickly, after about 60-70 seconds).
Take the tray out. Let the chips cool for at least 20 minutes. You can shape them too at this stage (while they are melted).
Mix all the seasoning ingredients and coat the keto doritos. Enjoy! (Sometimes I like eating them without the seasoning).
Tips And Ideas
Use Pre-sliced Cheddar Cheese Slices
You can use pre sliced cheddar cheese slices and cut them into triangles. I tried this option, and the results were even better than using grated cheese.
Use Special Seasonings
You can add smoked paprika to these low carb doritos and make them taste amazing.
Make sure to buy naturally smoked paprika – it may cost a bit more, but it’s worth it. Also, if you like spicy-hot foods, you can add a bit of chili powder or cayenne to the mix.
There are many keto-friendly sauces that you can use as a dip for your keto doritos. Check out this keto tzatziki sauce, it’s perfect for dipping!
Can You Use Different Cheese?
For this keto doritos recipe- I am using chedder cheese. I found that it worked the best in terms of taste and texture. However, you could try and use other types of cheese like mozzarella.
Can I Freeze Them?
I don’t recommend freezing them. They will lose their crispiness, and they may even become soggy. These are so easy to make – just prepare a batch when you have the time, and enjoy them fresh!
- 8 tablespoons Cheddar Cheese or pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices cut into triangles - I later found that this option gives better results.
- 1/3 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/3 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- preheating the oven to 350F (175C). Prepare a sheet tray with parchment paper.arrange 8 individual piles of shredded cheddar cheese (or use pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices cut into triangles). They should be as thin as possible to make them crispy and tasty.
- Bake until the cheese is melted (about 60-70 seconds).
- Let the chips cool for at least 20 minutes. You can shape them too at this stage.
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients and coat the keto doritos. Enjoy!
Comment below and let me know what you think of this recipe.
I hope you enjoyed this carb free doritos recipe. Make sure to share it with your friends, and don’t forget to check out other great recipes on KetoAndEat.