When I made this low carb creme brulee for the first time- I was amazed. It’s so good, you really can’t stop at just one.
This rich and creamy custard is the perfect treat for any occasion. I will teach you how to make keto creme brulee that will rival any restaurant dessert.
This dish is so simple to make and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
If you tried and liked this keto creme brulee recipe, please rate it and leave a comment.
Why You Shuld Try This Recipe
– This recipe for keto creme brulee is so easy and fun to make!
– It’s a great way to impress your friends and family with a delicious and healthy dessert.
– 100% keto friendly.
👨🍳 Keto Creme Brulee Ingredients
You will need these ingredients to make the low carb creme brulee:
3 cups Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners
4 Egg Yolks
1 whole Egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste (or 4 teaspoons vanilla extract)
3 tablespoons Swerve Granular
⭐ How To Make Low Carb Creme Brulee?
It’s so easy to make keto creme brulee! Follow these simple steps:
Start with preheating the oven to 300F (150C). Then, boil about 2 quartz of water- we will use this for the water bath later.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and Swerve.
Add heavy cream to the saucepan and cook on medium-high.
When tiny bubbles are starting to form around the edges- remove and slowly pour into the mixture we made in step 2. Add in the vanilla bean paste and mix well.
Pour the mixture into six separate ramekins inside an oven pan.
Then, pour the boiling water (from step 1) into the pan, so the sides of the ramekins are about halfway covered. Bake for about 45 minutes.
After removing the ramekins from the oven, let them cool for about 20 minutes. Then, place them in the fridge for 2 more hours.
Sprinkle with Swerve sweetener. If you want your keto creme brulee caramelized, use a kitchen torch to heat up the top. Enjoy!
The Best Keto Creme Brulee!
I tried many keto friendly creme brulee recipes, and I can tell you for sure- my low carb creme brulee recipe is the best one. Not only the taste but also the texture and appearance are perfect.
Some no carb creme brulee recipes skip the water bath part to “save time”, but let me tell you- it’s worth the effort.
Since the egg proteins in the sugar free creme brulee are very heat sensitive, they need to be cooked gently. That’s why we are using a water bath.
Can You Really Eat Creme Brulee On Keto?
Creme brulee is one of the tastiest desserts ever invented (in my opinion). Unfortunately, the traditional recipe is loaded with sugar, making it a no-go on a keto diet.
However, there are some low carb creme brulee recipes out there that use keto-safe ingredients and are just as delicious as the real thing.
Try my keto creme brulee recipe and you’ll see what I mean! It really tastes like the real deal, but without all the sugar.
Can You Freeze It?
No, it’s not recommended to freeze creme brulee because the texture will be affected.
This sugar free creme brulee is best served fresh, however, you can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to serve.
Just make sure you tightly wrap it so it won’t absorb any odors from the refrigerator.
This low carb creme brulee is so easy to make, just avoid freezing and make a new batch when you want to enjoy it again!
Tips And Ideas
Add Other Flavors
There are so many fruit extracts available that could be added to the creme brulee for a fruity flavor.
My favorite extracts are banana and strawberry, but you could also try raspberry, peach, or even mango.
These fruit extracts are a great way to add flavor without many carbs.
The secret to a successful low carb creme brulee is not to overcook it. There are a few things you can do to make sure your creme brulee turns out perfect every time.
You can use a simple kitchen thermometer to determine when the custard is ready (at about 170F – 76C).
Or, you can check for doneness by how firm it is in the center. It should have a slight jiggle in the center when moved around. If the outer edges are jiggly, it still needs time to cook.
Eat It With Ice Cream
You can eat this dessert with delicious keto ice cream. On our website, we have a great recipe for keto ice cream that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste (or 4 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- 3 tablespoons Swerve Granular
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius). Then, boil about 2 quarts of water—we will use this for the water bath later.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and Swerve.
- Pour the heavy cream into the saucepan and cook on medium-high.When the cream starts to form small bubbles around the edges, remove it from the heat and slowly pour it into the mixture from step 2. Add in the vanilla bean paste and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into six separate ramekins inside an oven pan. Then, pour boiling water into the pan so the sides of the bowls are covered halfway. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and let them cool for 20 minutes. Place them in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Sprinkle with Swerve sweetener. If you want your keto creme brulee caramelized, use a kitchen torch to heat up the top. Enjoy!
Comment below and let me know what you think of this recipe.