If you think the keto diet is boring, then you are totally wrong. There are so many amazing keto recipes you can make, it’s unbelievable.
And when it comes to desserts and snacks- there are so many options as well. Today I will teach you how to make delicious keto cream cheese mints.
I made them for the first time two years ago, and I was so amazed at how easy they were to make and how good they tasted.
These sugar free cream cheese mints are colorful, and kids will love them too! They are much healthier than store-bought sweets.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
– These keto cream cheese butter mints taste really good. It’s hard to believe they are keto-friendly and low carb!
– They are colorful and fun to make. Kids will love helping to make these.
– The recipe is really simple and easy to make.
👨🍳 Keto Cream Cheese Mints Ingredients
For this keto cream cheese mints recipe you will need the following ingredients:
8 oz (225g) Cream Cheese – Always use full-fat, high-quality cream cheese. I came across many companies that sell cream cheese full of added sugar.
It’s always better to pay more for a quality product that will be healthier in the long run.
2 tablespoon Butter
2 1/2 cups Swerve Confectioner Sweetener – this keto sweetener is the best choice for this recipe. Other keto-friendly options include monk fruit sweetener or erythritol sweetener.
1 teaspoon Mint Extract
Food Coloring- Online you can find many companies that offer gel food coloring – one of them is Wilton Icing Colors.
Obviously coloring your keto cream cheese mints is optional, but if you want to make them look cool and fun, food coloring is the way to go!
✨ How To Make Sugar Free Cream Cheese Mints
Use your stand mixer and beat cream cheese and butter until they’re mixed well and soft.
Turn down the speed a bit, and slowly add the sweetener. Then, add 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract. Keep mixing.
If the dough feels too sticky, just add more powdered sweetener.
Place the dough in the refrigerator for 1.5 hours.
Divide the dough into 2-4 portions (each portion will have a different color). Add gel or paste food coloring and knead into dough (that’s the fun part!).
Take a small portion from each of the different colored doughs and roll them into balls.
Place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. You can use a fork or a spoon to flatten each cream cheese mint.
Tips And Ideas
Use Fruit Extracts
You can add banana extract, or any other fruit extract, to give your cream cheese mints a subtle flavor.
Some may like the basic recipe without any extras, but adding extracts is an easy way to experiment.
Are Cream Cheese Mints Keto Friendly?
Take a look at the list of ingredients. To make these keto cream cheese mints, we are using low carb ingredients like cream cheese and Swerve Confectioner Sweetener.
Would I recommend eating these cheese mints daily? Probably not. You should focus on eating real food – meat! But, when you want a little something sweet, these are a great option.
I always tell people – treating yourself with keto desserts once or twice a week, is great.
But eating these keto sweets all day, every day is not going to help you lose weight or get into ketosis.
Can You Freeze These?
I don’t recommend freezing these sugar free cream cheese mints since the texture will be adversely affected.
These are very easy to make, so just make a new batch of keto cream cheese butter mints when needed.
I hope you found this keto cream cheese mints recipe helpful. Comment below and tell me how they turned out for you. Check out other amazing keto dessert recipes on our website!
- Stand Mixer
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (225g)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 1/2 cups Swerve Confectioner Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Mint Extract
- Food Coloring
- Beat cream cheese and butter in a mixer until they’re mixed well and soft.
- Turn down the speed and graudally add the sweetener. Then, add 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract. Keep mixing.If the dough feels too sticky, just add more powdered sweetener.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 1.5 hours.
- Divide the dough into portions (each portion will have a different color). Add gel or paste food coloring and knead into dough
- Take a small portion from each of the different colored doughs and roll them into balls.Place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. You can use a fork or a spoon to flatten each cream cheese mint. Enjoy!
Comment below and let me know what you think of this recipe.