This time I will show you how to make air fryer sauerkraut balls that are keto and low carb. These are great as a side dish or appetizer.
They are so tasty, you will not be able to stop at just one. Seriously, they are so crispy and delicious.
The recipe is very easy to follow and only takes a few ingredients to prepare. You can use any type of sauerkraut you like.
I used my homemade sauerkraut, but you can use store-bought as well.
Try this great recipe and let me know what you think about these low carb sauerkraut balls in the comments below.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
– These low carb sauerkraut balls are cirspy and delicious!
– They are perfect for an appetizer or snack, and they are also Keto and Paleo-friendly.
– This recipe is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
👨🍳 Air Fryer Sauerkraut Balls Ingredients
To make the sauerkraut balls in air fryer you will need:
- 2 cups (280g) Sauerkraut (drained)
- 8oz (225g) Cream Cheese (full-fat)
- 1lb (450g) Pork or turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 6 1/2 tablespoons Almond Flour – Use this almond flour (amazon link) for best results.
- 6 1/2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- pinch Black Pepper
⭐ How To Make Keto Sauerkraut Balls
Here is how you can easily make low carb sauerkraut balls at home:
Drain the sauerkraut completely of its juice.
Then, take a large skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages until they are cooked through. Don’t over cook them, or they’ll become dry.
Add cream cheese, a pinch of black pepper and sauerkraut to the pan. Mix everything.
Then, transfer to a container and place in the freezer for about 1 hour. I recommend stirring and mixing it every 15 to 20 minutes- it really makes a difference.
To make the coating, mix almond flour and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
Scoop a small amount of the sauerkraut mixture and roll it into a ball. Roll it in the coating mixture until it’s completely covered.
Add the keto sauerkraut balls to the air fryer basket. Cook them at 350F (175C) for about 10 minutes. Let them cool for 35-40 minutes, and then serve. These air fryer sauerkraut balls are so good! Enjoy!
More Keto Recipes
If you liked this keto sauerkraut balls recipe- make sure to check out these amazing keto recipes as well:
Sauerkraut & Keto
Sauerkraut is a great food to eat on a keto diet. It is low in carbs and calories, and high in fiber. You can make your own sauerkraut, or buy it at the store.
Keep in mind that store-bought sauerkraut sometimes contains sugar, so be sure to check the label.
I prefer to make my own sauerkraut, as it is very easy to do. It does take some time, though, as you need to let the cabbage ferment.
Store-bought sauerkraut doesn’t contain the same probiotics as homemade sauerkraut since it’s been pasteurized.
I like making these air fryer sauerkraut balls as a quick and easy snack. They taste so good, and they are very easy to make.
These keto sauerkraut balls are low in carbs – each contains only 1 gram of net carbs, making them a great option for those on a low-carb diet.
If you are looking for an easy and tasty way to reduce your carb intake, these low carb sauerkraut balls are a perfect choice! Try them as an appetizer or snack, or enjoy them as part of the main meal.
I hope you liked this air fryer sauerkraut balls. Let me know what you think about this recipe in the comments below. On KetoAndEat you can find hundreds of keto and low-carb recipes. Check them out!
- 2 cups drained Sauerkraut (280g)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (full-fat) (225g)
- 1 lb Pork or turkey Breakfast Sausage (450g)
- 6 1/2 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 6 1/2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Drain the sauerkraut of its juice.Then, take a large skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages until they are cooked through. Don’t over cook them.
- Add cream cheese, a pinch of black pepper and sauerkraut to the pan. Mix everything well.Then, transfer to a container and place in the freezer for about 1 hour.Stirr and mix it every 15 to 20 minutes.
- To make the coating, mix almond flour and parmesan cheese in a bowl.Scoop a small amount of the sauerkraut mixture and roll it into a ball. Roll it in the coating mixture until it’s completely covered.
- Add the keto sauerkraut balls to the air fryer basket. Cook them at 350F (175C) for about 10 minutes. Let them cool for 35-40 minutes. Then, serve and enjoy!
Comment below and let me know what you think of this recipe.